Optometric Society of the City of New York (OSCONY) Monthly Meetings
SUNY College of Optometry hosts a monthly evening series in conjunction with the local Optometric Society of the City of New York. This Tuesday evening event offers two hours of COPE & CE Broker approved continuing education credits. All OSCONY meetings are held at SUNY College of Optometry 33 West 42nd Street New York, New York 10036. Pre-registration is not required.
Current Meeting Details:
The Genetics of Ocular Pathology: An update
Andre Stanberry, OD
Assistant Clinical Professor
State University of New York College of Optometry
The purpose of this course is to explore the current understanding of the role of Genetics in ocular pathology and discuss contemporary updates in the understanding of ocular genetics and new genetic therapies.
1. To review the principles of genetic inheritance
2. To recognize which common ocular conditions have strong genetic predilection
3. To be aware of the complexities of ocular genetics
4. To enhance our ability to educate and refer patients appropriately
5. To discuss recent advances in ocular genetics and genetic therapy
Upcoming Tuesday Meeting Dates: