Student Chapter of American Academy of Optometry
What is the American Academy of Optometry?
The objectives of the American Academy of Optometry (AAO) are to promote excellence in the standards of optometric practice and to encourage the pursuit of research in optometry and related sciences. The Academy has been the principle force in promoting and encouraging the sharing of new knowledge and skills for the past 70 years in optometry.
Student membership is open to all optometry students in good academic standing, to full time students in the vision sciences and related sciences, and to residents in accredited optometric residency programs. Student membership fees are $30.00/yr and includes many benefits.
Top Ten Reasons Why You Should Join the American Academy of Optometry Student Division
10. You want to help promote the art, science and research of vision care.
9. You get the journal Optometry and Vision Science for FREE.
8. You get the academy newsletter for FREE.
7. If you apply now, you get 15months of membership for the price of 12 months.
6. You get discounted rates at hotels for the national meeting.
5. You get deep discounted rates for registration at the national meeting.
4. You can begin the prestigious process of becoming a fellow in the American Academy of Optometry and using the initials FAAO after your name.
3. You can meet fellow colleagues who have chosen to continue to improve their skills and knowledge.
2. It looks good on your resume.
1. IT'S FUN!
Annual Meeting (AAO)
Why should you attend the Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Optometry?
Low registration fees
Over 200 hours of continuing education (CE) presented by nationally recognized authorities in optometry
The Student Welcome Reception (free)
The Student Resident Networking Luncheon (free) — good for finding a potential partner!
Over 500 student attendees
Over 4,000 attendees
The Australia Party (free)
Networking with leaders in the profession
The Exhibits Reception (more free food)
More information: AAOPT
Completed Membership application forms
American Academy of Optometry
P.O. Box 79485
Baltimore, MD 21279-0485 USA
Fax: (301) 984-4737