Medical, Science, and Health Search Engines
- Google Scholar: Searches scholarly literature including peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, abstracts and articles. Can also tell you where articles you’ve written have been cited.
- Entrez, The Life Sciences Search Engine (NLM): Cross-database search page
- CAM on PubMedSearches complementary and alternative medicine on PubMed
- Common Chemistry: Searches chemical names and CAS registry numbers
- MedNar: Searches medical collections and returns ranked, unduplicated results
- NARIC Databases: Searches National Rehabilitation Information Center
- Science.gov (FirstGov for Science): Government Science Portal
- TRIP Database: Searches evidence-based medicine resources
- WorldWideScience.org: Global scientific gateway
General and Meta Search Engines
How to Use Search Engines and Evaluate Results
- Finding Information on the Internet: A Tutorial: One of the most heavily used and linked tutorials, teaching the Internet, complex search strategies and evaluation skills (maintained by UC Berkeley).