For Adjunct Faculty
Welcome Adjunct Faculty to the Kohn Vision Science Library.
At the Harold Kohn Vision Science Library, we understand that you are committed to lifelong learning. We are proud to help you meet that important goal by providing you with up-to-date online resources, facilitating access to free digital medical and science journals, and helping you keep abreast of the latest developments in vision health. Serving the professional community is an important part of what we do, and we are always looking for tools that will help you stay current in your fast-moving profession.
While we are happy to see you in person, we also encourage “virtual visits” to the Library through our website. We look forward to welcoming all members of the extended SUNY Optometry family.
In addition to the online resources below, visit the Library website for more information, or contact:
Ms. Elaine Wells
Resources for Adjunct Faculty
As an Adjunct Faculty member, you are entitled to the full range of electronic resources offered by the Kohn Vision Science Library, including over 2,500 full-text electronic journals, a wide variety of databases, and personalized research assistance. These are available here at our campus or anywhere you have internet access. If you need a resource not owned by our Library, we will be happy to borrow it for you through ILLiad, our interlibrary loan program.
Your SUNY Optometry network login and password will be necessary to access these online resources. To set up your account, just fill out the Adjunct Library Privileges Information Form.
Gateways to Free Medical and Scientific Articles
- PubMed: Database of the National Library of Medicine
- BioMed Central: Peer-reviewed open-access journals
- Bookshelf (NLM): Searchable biomedical book collection
- DOAJ – Directory of Open Access Journals
- Free Medical Journals: Ophthalmology: In English and other languages (Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research)
- HighWire Press Free Online Full-text Articles
- PLoS (Public Library of Science) Open-Access Journals:
- PubMed Central: Free digital archive of biomedical and life sciences journals
If you visit us in person (check our online “Library hours” page to see when we’re open), you will have access to the print resources of the largest vision science library in the country (search the EyeBrowze Library Catalog). You may also borrow books from the Main Collection.