12th Annual Envision New York Continuing Education Meeting and Alumni Reunion
The 12th Annual Envision New York Continuing Education meeting and Alumni Reunion will be held at the SUNY College of Optometry on Friday, October 18 - Monday, October 21, 2013. This year's conference will continue to offer world-class optometric education and the opportunity to socialize with old friends and colleagues. Our tradition has been to offer new and distinctive programs -- this year is no different.
Highlights for 2013 program include:
- For the first time, Envision will expand to Friday night, offering a panel discussion on "The Challenges of Healthcare Reform for the Profession of Optometry". The discussion is available for both doctor and student registration. It will be followed by a "Meet the Exhibitors" reception and an opportunity to mingle with other attendees and with students from the College.
- The always popular Envision reception and Alumni Reunion will be held at the Millennium Broadway Hotel. The SUNY College of Optometry "Alumna of the Year" will be honored at this reception.
- A hands-on workshop will allow attendees to utilize high-tech diagnostic instruments.
- For the second consecutive year, the Office of Continuing Professional Education is offering a five-hour Low Vision track that can be used towards New York State Low Vision Certification.
- A three-hour symposium on Genetics in Eye Care will conclude the program on Monday.
Once again, the Millennium Broadway Hotel is offering exceptional rates for Envision attendees. The Office of Continuing Professional Education looks forward to seeing you for a fantastic Envision New York weekend!