Patient Financial Service Coordinator
The University Eye Center (UEC) of the State University of New York College, an Article 28 Diagnostic and Treatment Center, is seeking a Patient Financial Service Coordinator. The successful candidate must be detail oriented, be able to multitask in a fast pace environment. Understanding of managed care, Medicare, Medicaid, commercial and self-pay payer guidelines is required. Reporting to the Director of Patient Financial Services, the Patient Financial Service Coordinator will be responsible for Patient Financial Services and perform other related duties.
- Responsible for time of service collection and payment posting.
- Set up and review payment arrangements with patients.
- Respond to patient’s inquiries regarding billing and self-pay arrangements.
- Verify insurance plan for detailed benefits as it pertains to vision and medical services.
- Serves as a liaison between PFS, billing department, clinical and administrative staff.
- Knowledge of health care insurance.
- Ability to provide a high-level of customer service in a professional, service oriented and respectful manner.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of how to interpret insurance verification responses from insurance plan portals is required.
- Knowledge of payment posting and adjustments.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a hospital or large medical practice preferred.
- Knowledge of Nextgen EPM system preferred.
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree is required.
- Professional obligation is Tuesday – Saturday 10am-6pm with some flexibility.
Interested candidates should submit the resume and cover letter to the attention of Ms. Monica Fuller, Clinical Administration.
Fax: (212) 938-4037
SUNY/ College Optometry
33 West 42nd Street, Rm 1025
New York, NY 10036
For further information about the College, including our Annual Security Report, visit www.sunyopt.edu/careers
The SUNY College of Optometry is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/disabled
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.