The University Eye Center (UEC), an Article 28 Diagnostic and Treatment Center within the State University of New York, College of Optometry is seeking an optometric technician with specific experience working with a wide range of contact lenses including soft, gas permeable, and specialty designs for cosmetic and medically necessary wear indications. The individual must be detail oriented and have excellent interpersonal skills to assist us with the following responsibilities:
- Assisting faculty, residents and interns assigned to patient care with respect to contact lenses;
- Teaching insertion and removal techniques to patients;
- Providing patients with proper lens wear and care information as well as assisting patients with questions regarding their orders;
- Ordering and processing contact lenses (order, verification, preparation, dispensing, following up on late and/or back ordered lenses);
- Acting as a liaison with contact lens suppliers to facilitate the order/receipt of contact lenses; and,
- Working with the billing staff to ensure proper coding and billing for contact lens services and materials.
The individual must possess the ability to grasp information quickly, have an understanding of insurance vision plans/authorizations for medically necessary contact lenses, and perform independently within UEC guidelines. A minimum of one year experience in working with a wide range of contact lenses is required.
Application Deadline: Friday, September 27, 2013
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to the attention of:
Ms. Liduvina Martinez-Gonzalez
Chief Operating Officer
SUNY College of Optometry
33 West 42nd Street
New York, NY 10036
Fax: (212) 938-4037
For further information about the College and our Annual Safety Report visit Employment Opportunities.
The College is an Equal Opportunity employer.