The SUNY College of Optometry is seeking a Clinical Research Technician/Coordinator. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented and possess strong interpersonal skills to work with clinicians, patients, administrators, monitors and sponsors.
Responsibilities may include:
- Ensure research studies are conducted in accordance with Good Clinical Practice guidelines and requirements of the SUNY College of Optometry and study sponsors
- Answer questions regarding current clinical research studies from patients, faculty and students (inclusion/exclusion criteria, risks/benefits, study duration, etc.).
- Coordinate research study visits for subjects and research staff/doctors
- Screen, consent and enroll subjects
- Prepare exam rooms for study visits and assist doctor with study visits
- Perform limited study procedures independently after appropriate training (e.g. administer surveys, run automated machinery, measure visual acuity, teach insertion/removal of contact lenses, dispense glasses, etc.)
- Draw and prepare blood or urine samples for drug trials
- Assist with data entry/management (e.g. source documents, case report forms)
- Resolve data queries with study sponsors
- Assist preparation of adverse event reports
- Coordinate dispensing, logging and return of study drugs/devices
- Facilitate requisition of outside documentation as appropriate (past medical records, etc.)
- Prepare regulatory documents, registration of trials, IRB applications, and reports to the study sponsor
Preferred Qualifications for this Research foundation of SUNY position:
- Clinical research training or experience
- Health related training (e.g., medical technician, nursing, phlebotomy, physician assistant)
- Strong computer skills including database management and Microsoft Office Suite
- Comfortable working with both pediatric and adult patients
- Willing to work flexible hours with some evenings and weekends
Applications accepted through July 30, 2014 or until the position is filled. Resumes should be sent to:
Kathryn Richdale, OD, PhD
Director, Clinical Vision Research Center
SUNY College of Optometry
33 West 42nd Street, New York, New York 10036
Visit our jobs section for more information about the College including our Annual Safety Report.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or disability status.