The Graduate Center for Vision Research at the State University of New York College of Optometry has an opening for a Research Technician.
- Perform cellular and molecular biology procedures including tissue culture, cloning, gel electrophoresis and PCR.
- Order chemicals, reagents, and other laboratory supplies.
- Participate in laboratory meetings.
- Prepare solutions and reagents.
- Assist with electrophysiological recordings.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an appropriate field of science or technology or equivalent in education and experience.
- Previous laboratory experience in molecular and cellular techniques is highly desirable.
- Must have organizational skills and maintain accurate records of work performed.
- Any experience with electrophysiological techniques is highly desirable but not essential.
Please include a cover letter and three references with your resume. To apply for this position, please email your resume to:
Miduturu Srinivas, PhD
Associate Professor of Biological and Vision Sciences
SUNY College of Optometry
33 West 42nd Street
New York, New York 10036
For further information about the College and our Annual Safety Report visit Employment Opportunities.
The College is an Equal Opportunity employer.