Committee on Institutional Research and Planning
The Institutional Research and Planning Committee will provide support and counsel to the President and the Director of Institutional Research and Planning on assessment design, implementation and analysis relative to the College’s strategic priorities. The Committee will also assist in the development of institutional budgets and the allocation of resources in alignment with the College’s Strategic Plan.
Specific Responsibilities of the Committee:
- Assist in the design of an institutional assessment program linked to the College’s Strategic Plan
- Review institutional outcomes data and advise the administration on action steps to achieve the College’s strategic goals
- Recommend methods for communicating the results of institutional research and outcomes assessment to the broader College community
- Actively consult with the College administration on budget preparation and the allocation of resources in support of the College’s strategic priorities
The Committee will be broadly representative, consisting of 8 members in addition to the director of institutional research and planning. All members should have an active interest in and dedication to the concept of institutional assessment and planning. All nominations are subject to review and appointment by the president, and all appointments are for 1-year terms (renewable). The Committee will be staffed and chaired by the director of institutional research and planning. It will be constituted of
- 5 faculty members
- 1 student member nominated by Student Council (the student must be in good academic standing).
- 3 members of the college’s staff as appointed by the president.
The Committee is advisory in nature and will make recommendations on a consensus basis.
Committee Members 2013-2014
Dr. Steven Schwartz (Chair)
Dr. Neera Kapoor (Clinic Council)
Mr. Guilherme Albieri (Staff)
Dr. Mitchell Dul (Staff)
Dr. Ann Beaton (Biological & Vision Sciences)
Dr. Cristi Llerena-Law (Optometric Education)
Dr. Joseph Stamm (Staff)
Dr. Stewart Bloomfield (Research Council)
Dr. Harriette Canellos (UEC)
Ms. Kim Duong (Student Representative)