SUNY College of Optometry & Zoom
Join our hybrid program on May 22, 2022, from 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM ET
SUNY College of Optometry & Zoom Live Stream
Course Directors: Dr. Harriette Canellos & Dr. Anupam Laul | Program Panel: Dr. John Gelles, Dr. Nicholas Nissirios and Dr. Yuna Rapoport
Abstract: A panel of experts will present-focused, rapid-fire updates on surgical options and advancements for cornea, refractive, and cataract surgery. Patient selection, pre-surgical testing, and post-operative care and complications will be discussed in an interactive format.
At the end of this course, the attendee will:
- Understand the latest treatments in thermal expression procedures in dry eye disease (DED)
- Describe the use of photobiomodulation in dry eye disease (DED)
- Discuss in detail corneal crosslinking procedures including the pros and cons of different protocols, on-label vs off-label methods, and management of each
- Describe the use of corneal inlays in the management of corneal ectasia (intacs, allogenic inlays)
- Understand the use of DSEK and DMEK procedures and management
- Describe new advancements in the use of corneal refractive procedures (LASIK, PRK)
- Describe the SMILE corneal refractive procedure and management
- Understand the use of pipeline treatments such as corneal refractive procedures
- Discuss the latest advancements in intraocular lenses in the management of cataract surgery including enhanced depth of focus (EDOF) and light adaptable IOLs (LAL)
- Review and understand the EDOF technology (diffractive vs non-diffractive) and the current lenses on the market
- Discuss intraoperative technology in the enhancement of patient outcomes (augmented reality, intraoperative OCT, and real-time refractive analysis)
- Identify new intra collamer lenses (ICL) and how they fit into the refractive surgery paradigm
Registration Fee $120.00
Virtual Attendee – 4-hrs. of COPE – Accredited Interactive Distance Learning Credits | Live Stream Access via Zoom Webinar
In-person Attendees – 4-hrs. COPE – Accredited Live Credit for In-person Attendees Only
- Accreditation: Please be sure to check with your State Board if live-stream webinars aka “Interactive Distance Learning” courses will be accepted for license renewal.
- This program is approved for CE Broker/ Florida credits only for In-person attendees.
- Program: The details of this conference may change at any point in time in response to the changing nature of the pandemic.
- Registration Cancellation: A refund or credit request should be emailed to email@example.com by May 18; for requests made after this date a $25 administrative fee will be assessed.