Online CE Course
We offer access to a wide variety of COPE-approved online courses, including the N.Y.S. Infection Control Course, a requirement for N.Y. licensed optometrists.
Benefits of online courses:
- Take CE courses from any place and at any time
- Access our expanding library of online CE courses
- Credits are reported directly to ARBO and you will receive a pdf certificate
COPE #: 60284-PB – 2 hours of “internet/online” CE credit
The course is intended to educate the optometrist on the appropriate infection control protocols for the optometric office. The course will review appropriate methods of infection control practice including instrument disinfection, universal precautions, disposal of infectious materials and OSHA regulations that apply to optometric practice.
Please follow the instructions listed below:
- Click on the course link below
- Review Course Outline
- Complete the registration form & take the exam – passing grade of 70% or higher is required
- Click on the “Submit” button in order to view your score – Please make sure to click on the “View your score” link
- Payment – Click on the payment link to submit your credit card information – Course Fee $50
- Certificates will be emailed on a weekly bases; once the payment and passing score is verified.
To take this course please click here – Infection Control Exam
Online New Jersey Orals Pharmaceuticals Therapeutics Certification Program
In order to obtain a New Jersey (NJ) Oral Therapeutics license, you are required to take an approved 32-hour Oral Therapeutics program, made up of 24-hours of (COPE-approved) lectures, a two-hour written exam, and six-hours of CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer. The SUNY Online NJ Orals Therapeutics Certification program fulfills the New Jersey State Board of Optometrists’ requirements for prescribing oral pharmaceuticals as well as fulfilling requirements in other jurisdictions.
Our online program is comprised of six sections. Each section includes a recorded presentation followed by a short quiz. In order to move on to the next section, the NJ Board requires that you pass the quiz with a grade of 70% or higher. Course recordings and quizzes will be made available October 2018.
- 22 hours of online distance learning COPE-approved CE credits.
- 2 hours of live CE Credit – Opioid Course – In-person attendance is required.
- Exam Review – The review will be offered only if three or more participants register.
- Written Exam
- Electronic Handouts
Not Included: We will NOT offer the 6 hr. CPR/AED for The Professional Rescuer certification course. We cannot grant approval of this course to NJ Board without proof that you have this certification.
If you’re interested in taking this course or want more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Over 10 webinar recordings available!
Our office hosts a series of live webinars throughout the year. If you’ve missed any of our past live webinars, you can now access our library of online CE recordings and earn COPE Approved “internet/online” credit per recording. Each webinar recording is COPE approved for one hr of internet/online CE credit and is priced at $30 per recording.
Please follow the instructions listed below:
- Click on the link below
- Complete the registration fields
- Select the desired course(s)
- Click the “submit” button, once you are done selecting the desired course(s).
- You will be redirected to a payment page, please allow the page to load then click on the “Process Payment” button.
- Enter your credit card payment information.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you with the link(s) to the course(s) recording and exam(s).
- Certificates will be emailed on a weekly bases and require a passing grade of 70% or higher and payment confirmation.
- To request access please click here: Webinar Recording Access
- Basic Clinical Pearls to pick up binocular vision disorders in a primary care setting and how to manage the cases and when to refer – Speaker: Dr. Daniella Rutner **Just added**
- Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS) – Speaker: Dr. Anu Laul **Just added**
- A-Z in Ocular Surgery Updates: Rapid Fire – Speaker: Dr. Amy Steinway **Just added**
- You have some nerve! Optic Disc Edema: Differential Diagnosis and Management – Speaker: Dr. Matthew D. Bovenzi **Just added**
- Structural Change in Glaucoma: From Retina to Cortex – Speaker: Drs. Richard Madonna & Kim Poirier **Just added**
- Eyelid and Adnexal Conditions in the Pediatric Population – Speaker: Dr. Matthew Vaughn **Just added**
- Patient-Doctor Communication – Speaker: Dr. Delaram Shirazian **Just added**
- A Review of Amblyopia and Amblyopia Treatment Studies – Speaker: Dr. Tamara Petrosyan
- Carotenoids: The Eye and Beyond – Speaker: Dr. Jerome Sherman
- Drawing the Needle: Blood Work and Optometry – Speaker: Dr. Jennifer Gould
- Layer by Layer: Types of Corneal Transplants and Post-Op Contact Lens Fitting Considerations – Speaker: Dr. Sharon Keh
- Medicare is changing! Will you be Prepared – Speaker: Dr. Richard Soden
- Myopia Control: An Evidence-Based Approach – Speaker: Dr. Jenelle Mallios
- New Anterior Segment Digital Imaging Technologies – Tools to Solve Diagnostic Dilemmas – Speaker: Dr. Thomas Wong
- Pharmacology Update – Speaker: Dr. Diane Adamczyk
- Sports Vision: Insights into Athletic Performance and Visual Function – Speaker: Dr. Daniel Laby
- The Use of Fundus Auto-fluorescence in the Detection of Retinal Disease: What Are You Missing? – Speaker: Dr. Sherry Bass
- What’s New in the Anterior Segment – Speaker: Dr. Harriette Canellos