In addition to the various clinical responsibilities, case review and didactic seminars specific to individual residency programs, residents are required to attend the SUNY Friday Program.
The goal of the SUNY Friday Program is to provide residents with a didactic curriculum that includes a diversity of topical areas in the form of lectures, labs and grand rounds. The SUNY Friday Program fosters interaction between residents, supervisors, clinicians and guest speakers. The SUNY Friday Program schedule consists of core lectures/workshops that all residents are required to attend, as well as elective courses. There is also a series of Advanced Clinical Procedure Workshops offered in the Summer. Development of speaking, writing and teaching skills are important elements to many of the SUNY Friday Programs.
These didactic programs usually occur on Fridays, however, schedule are subject to change based on lecture schedules and availability.
The SUNY Friday Program includes:
- Core Curriculum required for all residents to attend:
- Workshop on Public Speaking
- Writing Workshop (two sessions)
- Practice Management Workshop
- In addition to the core curriculum, there will be “Grand Rounds” offered that consist of a variety of lectures and workshops. These may include patients, advanced techniques or technology. The residents may select which Grand Rounds they would like to attend. The Grand Rounds may be given at SUNY or the various affiliated program facilities.