MBA Certificate Program
Qualified students working toward their OD degree may apply for the Advanced Graduate Certificate in Optometry Business Management. The certificate is offered jointly by the College and SUNY Empire State College. Upon completion it is applicable to an MBA in Healthcare Leadership also offered by Empire State. Students may enter the program in the summer between their first and second year of the OD Program. The certificate is a six-course, 18 credit program. Two courses, are part of the optometry curriculum, and four are offered online by Empire State College.
MBA Certificate Program Sequence: (All courses are 3 credits)
- High Performance Management (Second year, Summer)
- Healthcare Financial Management (Second year, Summer)
- Healthcare Operations Management (Third year, Summer)
- Practice Development and Healthcare Administration (Third year, Spring)
- Public Health Management (Third year, Spring)
- Strategies for Inter-professional Collaboration: A Stakeholder Perspective (capstone) Fourth year
Financial aid may be available for the certificate program. Applications for the certificate program will be handled through Empire State College online.
The certificate program and MBA are also open to practicing optometrists.