Is something in the Library in need of attention? Email us (email@example.com).
Please note the following policies regarding our facilities for the duration of the COVID-19 crisis:
- Masks must be worn and/or social distancing must be observed at all times.
- Use of the Library is limited to members of the current college community; no patients, alumni, guests, or members of the general public will be admitted.
- Study rooms are limited to one person at a time.
- Please wash hands BEFORE and AFTER utilizing any common surfaces in the library (copiers, scanners, etc.)
- Headsets. pencils, pens, and other items for personal use may not be borrowed from the circulation desk. Hole punchers, staplers, etc. are now kept behind the circulation desk and must be wiped down before and after use.
- Please wipe down all print kiosks, study carrels, tables, and computers BEFORE and AFTER use.
- Be sure to maintain social distancing while waiting for elevators, utilizing the coffee machine, standing at the circulation desk or anywhere else where there are likely to be multiple patrons.
Audio Visual Rooms (Gladys Kohn Audiovisual Suite)
- DVD/VCR player
- Tape recorders and headphones available at Circulation desk
Computer Labs (Rooms 402 and 403)
- Available for use by members of the College community during regular Library hours (unless reserved)
- Faculty and staff can reserve the computer labs for academic purposes by contacting Ms. Sheila Crawford, at ext. 5694.
- Computers provide access to Microsoft Office applications
- Limited technical assistance available from Library staff
- For larger computer problems contact Information Technology Help Desk at ext. 5730.
Other Computer Facilities Within the Library
- iMacs (located near periodicals)
- 2 scanners, 2 computers (with CD-ROM drives and DVD players), 2 stand alone printers in Multimedia Room (room 414). Preference given to those who need to use the scanner and/or the printer.
- 2 “GoPrint” kiosks (left of Circulation desk)
- 2 stand-alone printers for customized print jobs (Multimedia Room)
Printing from Library computers should be limited as much as possible to academic and clinical needs, and patrons should be mindful of the costs and inconvenience caused by printing lengthy or multiple documents.
- 1 copy machine (10 cents/copy)
- Copy cards can be purchased at the automatic teller located at the Circulation Desk
- Graduate students must provide an authorization form from the Office of Graduate Programs in order to receive preloaded copy cards
Microform Reader and Printer
- Microform reader and printer located in the Multimedia Room (room 414)
- For assistance in using this machine, please contact a Library staff member
Study and Conference Rooms
- 6 group study rooms
- Rooms are available by reservation (highest priority) and then on a first come, first serve basis. Please see our study room reservation policies and instructions on how to reserve a room here.
- Library is not responsible for items left in these rooms
Lost and Found
- Available at Circulation Desk (ext. 5690)
- Valuables are turned over to the Security Desk on the first floor (42nd Street side) at ext. 5566
- The Library is not responsible for personal belongings
- Wall phone for in-house calls
- Telephones in staff offices are not for public use
- Library staff cannot page patrons
Please refer to our visitors’ policy*.
*Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, visitors’ access to the library is suspended until further notice. Thank you for your patience.
- Welcome to use the Kohn Library collection between the hours of 10:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday
- Visitors do not have borrowing privileges and may not access the electronic journals
- Specific articles may be downloaded by the Library Director or Reference Librarian as time allows
- Resources consulted must be used on site
- Reserve materials may be used within the Library for a 2-hour time period if a visitor leaves a current, picture ID card or credit card at the Circulation Desk
- Visitors may use the iMac’s. They may not use the computer labs or study rooms.
Children under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult.
To protect our resources and promote an atmosphere conducive to study and learning, please remember the following:
- Talking on cell phones is prohibited in the Library. We ask that you turn all cell phones off while in the Library.
- Food and beverages can damage books and other materials and is strictly prohibited in the Library. Water is the only exception.
- Anyone who sets off the security alarm entering or leaving the Library will be asked to show the contents of their bags or belongings before proceeding.
- Computer and/or office and study supplies such as disks, CD-ROMs and college stationery and envelopes cannot be provided.