Welcome Alumni to the Kohn Vision Science Library
At the Harold Kohn Vision Science Library, we understand that optometrists are committed to lifelong learning. We are proud to help you meet that important goal by providing you with up-to-date online resources, facilitating access to free digital medical and science journals, and helping you keep abreast of the latest developments in vision health. Serving the alumni community is an important part of what we do, and we are always looking for tools that will help you stay current in this fast-moving profession.
If you visit us in person, you will have access to our print resources and may borrow books from the Main Collection. Please remember to check our Library Hours, search our collection, or consult the Policies for Borrowing Library Materials as needed beforehand.
In addition to the online resources below, you may contact Ms. Elaine Wells, Library Director, for assistance with specific information needs. We look forward to welcoming all members of the extended SUNY Optometry family.
Alumni Available Resources
- Document Delivery Services
The Harold Kohn Vision Science Library is pleased to now offer alumni electronic delivery of articles owned in print or electronically within the Library collections. Users may place the requests online through ILLiad, the Library ILL and Document Delivery System.
To sign up for this service please fill out the ILLiad Alumni Registration Form.
- Staying Informed Alerting Service
The library will assist in setting up automated searches and table of contents delivery tailored just for you.
If interested please fill out the Staying Informed Alerting Service Form.
- SUNY Digital Repository (DSpace) Online SUNY Optometry Masters and Doctoral theses.
- SUNY Eye Network allows you to connect with fellow alumni and utilize the trusted SUNY College of Optometry environment to expand your professional network. This is a joint venture between the career development center and alumni relations.
Gateways to Free Medical and Scientific Articles
- PubMed: Database of the National Library of Medicine
- BioMed Central: Peer-reviewed open-access journals
- Bookshelf (NLM): Searchable biomedical book collection
- DOAJ – Directory of Open Access Journals
- Free Medical Journals: Ophthalmology: In English and other languages (Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research)
- HighWire Press Free Online Full-text Articles
- PLoS (Public Library of Science) Open-Access Journals:
- PubMed Central: Free digital archive of biomedical and life sciences journals