Services provided by the University Police Department include:
- Emergency Response: respond to emergencies on campus and coordinate the response as first responders and with local emergency responders.
- Criminal Investigation: respond to crimes on campus, conduct preliminary investigations and coordinate with local police agency for full investigation.
- Crime Prevention: conduct crime prevention trainings and talks.
- Issuance of Crime Alerts
- Service Requests Response: escorts, lockouts, patrols, etc.
- Access Control Procedures Enforcement: ID checks, intruder deterrence, etc.
- Locks and Keys Control: issue building keys and maintain lock and key inventory.
- Lost and Found: UPD operates a lost and found service and maintains a repository of items at the 42nd Street UPD desk.
- Safety Training: distribution of brochures and educational materials.