Requirements for Admission to the OD/MS Program in Vision Science
To be considered for admission to the OD/MS Program in Vision Science, an applicant must have completed the following requirements:
- Enrolled as a full-time OD student at the SUNY College of Optometry
- Submission of OAT scores
- Three letters of recommendation submitted to the Admissions Office. Letters from past research mentors are optional, but can strengthen your application.
- Official transcripts of all college and postgraduate courses.
- Applicants should contact the Admissions Office to have any test scores, letters of recommendation or college transcripts originally provided in their OD program application transferred to their OD/MS Program application.
- Applicants must meet with potential advisor(s) to discuss possible research projects prior to applying to the OD/MS Program. Applicants must list a preferred advisor and provide a synopsis of a proposed research project in their applications.
The deadline for submitting the completed application to the OD/MS Program is January 4, 2021.