Purchase Software for Personally-Owned Computers
Information Technology Services provides and supports a variety of computer software in classrooms, laboratories and campus offices. SUNY Optometry student, faculty and staff can purchase Microsoft, Adobe, VMware and other academic software for personally-owned computer from Kivuto OnTheHub Store at a discount by clicking below (currently unavailable):
Computer and Software Discount Programs:
Apple – Discounts from Apple for SUNY employees.
Dell – Discounts from Dell for SUNY employees.
Academic Superstore – Discounts on software, computers, and accessories for academic employees.
- Email client software used in SUNY Optometry. To use FirstClass you must have a valid network account.
- Turning Point
- An interactive polling software used with student response system (SRS) to get immediate feedback from participants.
- Open-source web browser alternative to Internet Explorer.
- Google Chrome
- Web browser produced by Google that fully integrates into its online search system as well as other applications.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- A program required to view and print Portable Document Format (PDF) file.
- Adobe Flash Player
- A software for viewing multimedia, Rich Internet Applications, and streaming video and audio.
- A media player supports most major video, audio, and graphics file formats.
- Cross-platform FTP, FTPS and SFTP client.
- Skype for Windows | Skype for Mac
- An applications that allows making video calls and voice phone calls over the Internet.
- Real Player
- Streaming media delivery system for the Internet.
For further technical assistance, please contact:
IT Help Desk